Friday, August 27, 2010

Reflection: What I’ve learned

Learning in OCHANGE

By Joanna Ng

This class has taught me about the importance of Organizational Change. It’s a very informative class and vital to our course. It helped me understand what the different kinds of OD interventions which I think would be very useful once I’m already working. By doing the research for our reports, assignments, and blogs, I’ve realized how much opportunities are available for OD consultants. It made me appreciate my course more. If given the chance, I would want to pursue a career related to Organizational Change because I think it’s inspiring that you see how this organization actually improved and you’ve took part to it. Although I know it’s not an easy job, even just by doing or planning a large group intervention is already stressful and you still have to collect, study, and feedback those data. It’s a big responsibility because you’re paid by companies to diagnose the problem and give the best possible solution to improve the organization. Just as what I’ve learned in this class, “change is a process, not an event.” It’s true. I will bring with me all these rich concepts and change process such as Open Space Technology, Simureal, Whole-scale change, whole systems. These learning that not all people know about and I think that gives us an advantage because even if we/I don’t get to work as an OD consultant, I can still suggest these interventions to help my organization.

The concept I liked and will surely remember is the definition of GAP for OD. It says that gap is the distance between the desired vision and the reality. That’s why we should always have a goal so we’ll know how we could fill the gap and make our dreams/visions work and come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment